Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Karl Lagerfeld's Chanel Successor

Every fashion expert and any normal human being know that KARL LAGERFELD IS GETTING OLD. The guy is 77 years old for God's sake! He's older than Giorgio by a year and Valentino Garavani is older than Lagerfeld by a year but retired 2 years ago. So, when is Karl gonna stop?

NOT ANYTIME SOON! He reacted violently to Valentino's retirement saying he will just get bored. Lagerfeld is not bored with his work. He is the creative director of Chanel, Fendi, and his own label under his name, Karl Lagerfeld. Chanel showcases a ready-to-wear line, resort collection, and a haute couture show and he has 2 other labels so saying he is busy is an understatement.

But when he will retire or (God forbid) pass away, who is going to be his successor. Perez Hilton thinks it's Lanvin's Alber Elbaz but I doubted it. I thinks Alber is no Chanel material, yet! I mean Lanvin is girly like Chanel but with a little more oomph!

I was thinking that a girl should be the successor although I salute GAY POWER AND GAY PRIDE! HAHA! So my next candidate is Christopher Kane. I don't know, I love Christopher Kane and as well as Proenza Schouler's Jack McCollough or even Elie Saab. Although now that I think of it, Alber Elbaz is also possible. Haha! Well NONE OF THOSE WERE KARL LAGERFELD'S CHOICE!

His choice: Haider Ackermann!

In the November issue of Numero, Karl Lagerfeld reveals who he wants to take over for him when he exits Chanel.
He tells the mag:
“I have a contract for life so it all depends on who I would like to hand it to. At the moment I’d say Haider Ackermann.”
While the compliment is amazing, we don't think Haider should be waiting by the phone for that call. Karl's made it pretty clear he won't be retiring any time soon.

Wow! Haider is very daring for Chanel. For the Karl Lagerfeld line may be because that line is very teen-like! :) But I actually love Haider Ackermann when he was featured in Vogue Magazine and I saw his creations. Love it! It's kinda rock and roll! So girly girls, this one's not for you! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment