Saturday, November 12, 2011

Nicholas Ghesquiere's flats


"We wanted to have beautiful pictures [of the shows]. After, when I saw the show and I saw how it makes them very mechanical, I understood sometimes the pain on the feet. There is a lot of emotion. I was like, back to toe ground. We wanted something easier. It's old to have those girls walking like that, so I tried to stop that craziness. The idea was to have this crazy casting with Gisele [Bündchen] and Amber Valletta and Carolyn [Murphy], and they said no for high heels. They were not used to walking with heels anymore. Gisele was worried; she would not walk with my heels."


-Nicolas Ghesquire tells Women's Wear Daily why he started designing flat shoes, even though Balenciaga is known for sky high heels. What Gisele wants, Gisele gets.

No comments:

Post a Comment