Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Kate Hudson on Stella McCartney

STELLA MCCARTNEY may have won one of Britain's top fashion honours last night, but even she isn't immune to negative press - or so says her long-term friend Kate Hudson.
"Stella dressed me for my first red carpet event in 2001for the Academy Awards," the actress recalled. "It was my first and only nomination. I was 21 years old and to have Stella McCartney dressing me - well I felt like the hippest, coolest girl in the world. Up until the last minute Stella was working away, hand-sewing the hem. I woke up the next morning in my bed post-awards and without a little statuette. I turned on the television to find out I was on every Worst Dressed list possible. So I called Stella and we just laughed our arses off and she said to me, "Look babe, it was the hem wasn't it?"
Talking at the British Fashion Awards last night, ahead of giving McCartney the Red Carpet accolade, Hudson certainly isn't prepared to let the dress gather dust for too long.
"To this day that now vintage dress hangs in my wardrobe, but I swear one day I'll wear it again," she laughed.

Source: http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2011/11/29/kate-hudson-on-stella-mccartney

No comments:

Post a Comment