Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Dior Magazine!

Yes! You read that right. There will be a Dior Magazine. I guess unlike other fashion magazines, you don't need to know the fashion credits because it will be all Dior. The cover is amazing, I might say. And I have to say, one of Galliano's best decisions was putting Marion Cotillard on the Dior Face Map. She has truly embodied Dior up to the point that Raf Simons agrees, too. It's just that Marion has a classic beauty. She is just gorgeous in her own way. I love her movies and I love her fashion sense. She has been knocking it ever since I saw her in Gaultier at Oscars and Chanel Haute Couture at the BAFTA's.

Here is the cover photographed by Jean-Baptiste Mondino:

I think people would view this more as a catalogue than as a magazine no?

Christian Dior CEO Sidney Toledano stresses that Dior Magazine is “another way to communicate luxury” and “is not a catalogue,”

From what I've read, people think this would be Dior’s version of publications like Chanel’s 31 Rue Cambon, Ralph Lauren Magazine, and Le Monde d’Hermès.
 
If you have intentions of buying this, well, it's gonna cost you. I think it would be available at selected Dior Boutiques. :)

SOME INFO ;)
- Available September 10th.
- The 110 page debut issue was designed by Fabien Baron.

- Marion Cotillard is "wearing the house’s original Bar jacket and flaring skirt from 1947"

And yes. It's been 11 years since 9/11.

No comments:

Post a Comment