Wednesday, May 7, 2014

MET GALA 2014

The MET Gala or the Anna Wintour Costume Institute Gala will honour forgotten American couturier Charles James. I only knew him when I made some research on the puffer jacket and a gown on a Vogue cover that I really loved.

I honestly couldn't see a lot of info on him unlike other designers like Dior, Chanel, Balenciaga, or Yves Saint Laurent. Although, Dior and Balenciaga voiced out their appreciation and love for James' work.

Anyways, here are the attendees (not all) Madonna did not attend (too bad) some delivered, others were meh! and some were just uhm... WTF?
Photo credits: Getty, Huffingtonpost, RCFA, luckymag, sheknows.com, popsugar,

My best dressed were Blake Lively, close second is Karolina Kurkova and third is Zoe Saldana. See the looks below.

 
 Blake Lively in Gucci Premiere - Perfection in all angles! This is super uber glamorous and Blake delivered. She is a great ambassadress for the brand unlike other celebs (cough JLo cough!)

 
 Karolina Kurkova in Marchesa - This is a very Charles James gown. I plainly love this. Karolina never disappoints.
 
 Zoe Saldana in Michael Kors - In fairness to Michael Kors, this is a great gown. So there, let's not ruin it.
 Kristen Wiig in Balenciaga - While I love this look, it reminds me too much of Karolina Kurkova's look from 2011. See MET Gala 2011. Karolina was wearing Jean Paul Gaultier couture.

 Cara Delevingne in Stella McCartney - While this is kinda not with the theme, she looks good. :)
 Dakota Johnson in Jason Wu- I wish the hair was much more elegant. An updo would've sufficed. The gown is amazing.
 Kirsten Dunst in Rodarte - It's a Death Star print. I like it and I think this gown is only for the MET Gala.
 Kate Bosworth in Stella McCartney - Hmmm... I am ok with the blush color.
 Kristen Stewart in Chanel - I actually like this.
 The cool girls
 YOU CAN'T SIT WITH US!
Reese Witherspoon in Stella McCartney - I must say I love the color but the design is Mugler-esque.
 Sarah Jessica Parker in Oscar dela Renta - See this from the back.
 
WHO DESIGNED THIS? HAHAHAHAHA! I love the signature at the back
Anna Wintour in Chanel Haute Couture - The hair looks new. I quite like the dress.
 Hailee Steinfeld in Prabal Gurung - I'm running out of descriptions! Hahahahaha! I love this look. I'm a sucker for puffy gowns.
 Suki Waterhouse in Burberry- I like it. Love the drama of the ruffles.
 Rachel McAdams in Ralph Lauren - I don't think this type of dresses are Met Gala worthy. You can't sit with us Regina! Hahahaha!
 Jessica Pare in Michael Kors - This busy print with that silhouette somehow works.
 Emmy Rossum in Carolina Herrera - I am tired of this big floral printed gowns from Carolina. I mean, I love the Spring 2014 opening gown and the Fall 2014 closing gown.
 Lupita Nyong'o in Prada - Hmmmm... I hate the hair and the headband. I wish the shoes were in a different color. I love the dress but not on her. It's quite a hot mess.
 Greta Gerwig in Theyskens' Theory - PURRRRFECT! I LOVE THIS DRESS. No shocker since Olivier Theyskens makes amazing jaw dropping gowns.
 Janelle Monae in Tadashi Shoji- ARE THOSE LEGGINGS???? WTF? Yes, that's what I noticed. I want to ignore the cape. I love the fact that she wore a cape but that print is ugly as hell.
 Michelle Williams in Louis Vuitton - Why did she wore this? Can't Nicholas Ghesquiere make something custom made for her. This is sad.
 Diane Kruger in Hugo Boss - I love this gown and I love that half pleated chiffon on the side. Joshua Jackson is wearing Hugo Boss as well. I can't get on board with the color of his jacket against his crisp white shirt.
 Rita Ora in Donna Karan Atelier - Rita's "I Will Never Let You Down" is playing while I'm typing this so this gets an almost yes. I wish the tulle was removed.
 Victoria Beckham in Victoria Beckham - I find this dress to be quite lacklustre. I loved her finale dress for Fall 2014. She should've worn that even though it's not her style. It baffles me that Kimye got a Vogue US cover before these two. David Beckham wore Ralph Lauren.

 Nicole Richie in Donna Karan Atelier- The hair is the only thing I like.
 Anna Kendrick in J Mendel - I love this. Uber love! I love the crop top.
 Rosie Huntington Whiteley - Another lackluster look for the MET Gala. This is movie premiere worthy only.

 Kate Upton in Dolce and Gabbana - This is effed up. I hate this.
 Selena Gomez in Diane Von Furstenberg - I find this look to be sophisticated. I quite like it.
 Oh VB, the signature pose.
 Margot Robbie in Prada- Why is the top too sheer? The bra is killing me. I would've loved this dress.
Leighton Meester in Emilio Pucci - Where's her boobs?
 Katie Holes in Marchesa - What is this?
 Diana Agron in Miu Miu - Eh. I wish this was longer.
 Kim Kardashian in Lanvin - She redeemed herself. Kthanksbye.
 Elizabeth Olsen in Miu Miu - Aside from that nipple, this is quite ice skating like.
 Mary Kate in Vintage Chanel and Ashley in Vintage Gianfranco Ferre - Mary Kate is at the right wearing a striped Chanel gown and Ashley is on the left with a militaary inspired gown. Hmmmm... I love Ashley's look more.
 Emma Stone in Thakoon- I am tickled pink .LOOOOVE!
 Lena Dunham in Giambattista Valli couture - You will be forgiven if you thought this was Dior. As you all know, Giambattista makes "rip off couture" how sad.
 Chloe Moretz in Chanel - Love!
 Charlize Theron in Dior Couture- Who makes her gowns? Clearly not Raf Simons. I am enamored with this look.
 Lake Bell in Tommy Hilfiger - I love this dress. She is giving us a great maternity style.
 Rihanna in Stella McCartney - Despite again the nipple (is this the trend?) I love this. This is Rihanna at its finest.
 Maggie Gyllenhaal in Valentino - She even wore the circle coat. I want to love it but it failed with the hair for me.
 Gisele Bundchen in Balenciaga- Geez can you be any more sexy?
 Shailene Woodley in Rodarte - I like this dress but the hair!
 Beyonce in Givenchy Couture - Call the Beygency because I hate this dress. Sorry.
 Naomi Campbell in Givenchy Couture - Don't get me started on this one. The boobs!
 Jessica Alba in Diane Von Furstenberg - I don't get J Alba. She is irrelevant. Tell me a movie she starred in within the last 10 years. EXACTLY!
 Lea Michele in Altuzarra - Is that supposed to be a peplum? Horrendous!


 Kate Mara in Valentino - I love this actually. So there. Where's Rooney?
 Chloe Sevigny in Kenzo - I get this dress and why it was designed for Chloe.
 Naomi Watts in Givenchy Couture - So this looks like a rerun design wise, only the color changed.
 Marion Cotillard in Dior Couture - Geeez, please stop Marion! You're amazing. While I'm not on board with the shoes, the face and hair. Amaaazing!
Adriana Lima in Givenchy Couture - This one I'm on board. Love this.
 Florence Welch in Valentino - I love you and this dress. :D
 Zooey Deschanel in Tommy Hilfiger - What's with that fabric at the back? Gurrrrl!
 Taylor Swift in Oscar dela Renta - Hmmm.. She's going back to princess-y when she has given us edgy looks like that chainmail Gucci gown at the Grammys.
 Karlie Kloss in Oscar dela Renta - Teh! How old are yo? You look old.
 Arizona Muse in Ralph and Russo Couture- FRESHNESS! I love this look! I love you Arizona.
 Georgia May Jagger in Mugler- I'm excited to see what Mugler will offer this coming season. Meanwhile, Georgia looks sultry amazing!
 Erykah Badu in Givenchy - I love the hat. Actually, I love the look!
Amy Adams in Oscar dela Renta - I love this look on her. You go gurl!
 Anne Hathaway in Calvin Klein - I wish this was a straight gown and not separated as top and bottom.
Kylie Minogue in Marchesa - This is quite ethereal. I like it but don't love it.
I DID IT! HAHAHAHAHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment